Access to Revit
Access to Revit for use during the course can be as low as $55.00.
Revit is currently sold on a lease basis – meaning you pay monthly or yearly for access to the software. You cannot simply “buy” Revit outright - it must be on a lease. Revit is a product of AutoDESK, who makes a variety of CAD programs.
Revit comes in two flavors – Revit and Revit LT. The primary difference is Revit has extended cloud functionality designed to multiple designers to work on the same project. Revit also has MEP modeling as well as several advanced modeling tools such as the ability to create free form floors and roof. For most users Revit LT offers plenty of functionality. There is also a significant cost difference.
- Revit LT $55.00 a month or $430.00 per year.
- Revit $290.00 a month or $2,310.00 per year.
- Both Revit and Revit LT offer a free 30-day trial.
- Make sure your computer can handle the software by checking the minimum system requirements.
- Download the free trial of Revit LT, which is good for 30 days.
- After the 30-day trial subscribe for $55.00. The subscription comes with expert support from AutoDESK for any issues with downloads or installation.
Keep in mind the free trial is only good for 30 days. While you can download the trial at any time, once the 30 days is up you will have to start a subscription if you want to keep using the program. This means if you start the free trial before the course begins you may ending up paying more than $55.00 for access to Revit.