Why Learn On-Line?
Listed are some of the reasons why taking a class on the internet can be beneficial:
1. Time flexibility. If you are in need of a flexible schedule, online courses can be ideal. There are no set times that you have to be on your computer, so you can work the class around your schedule, instead of having to work your schedule around the class. This is great for people in the working world who want to take classes. It's also helpful for parents, especially those with small children. Also, if you're someone who has trouble getting up for morning classes, the time flexibility may be a big help.
2.Geographic flexibility. Now you no longer have to be in any particular location to take a class. Online courses do not require a commute, which can save time and gas money. If you live in a more remote area, or simply don't live near a school that offers a course you want, this is a great opportunity.
3. Lower Costs Tuition at online schools is typically much lower than that of a traditional school. Furthermore, Students will not have to worry about the cost of textbooks.. Students are able to download all materials needed for their classes including lectures, assignments, additional notes, and other materials.
4. No sitting in a classroom. Since all classes are online, students will not have to attend classes. For those who work full-time, this will save time, and make scheduling events in their lives much easier. Students will also not have to find parking spaces, leave work early to go to class, or miss family time.
5.Students don't have to take notes. Is your attention span weak? Is it difficult for you to take notes during lecture? With an online course, the "lecture" is written out. If you zone out for a few minutes, you can page back.
6. Choose your own study time. Students can plan their study time around the rest of their day instead of the other way around. Studying at nighttime or in the morning is up to the student. It is recommended that students try to develop a study routine if they can. Having to work and attend classes at the same time can be very stressful. Online classes remove the stress by allowing students to learn when it is convenient for them.
7. Flexibility in Completing Assignments. Strict schedules do not exist when taking classes online. Students can complete assignments when they are ready. Students choose when they would like to take tests and submit assignments. Students can review materials until they feel they are ready to complete assignments or take tests.
8. Avoid Adverse Weather Conditions During snowstorms and thunderstorms, colleges may cancel classes or you may have to travel to a class in adverse weather. This can hurt students who are on a tight schedule. People who learn online do not have to worry about cancelled classes or driving in adverse weather. Even if your Internet service shuts down for the evening, you can still complete your assignments the next day without penalty.
9. No dress code. Come to class in your pajamas, or hey, come to class naked.
10. Shy students may feel more comfortable. Some students hate to participate in live class discussions. For many students, the online environment can be less intimidating.